If you have frozen fruits and vegetables stocked in your freezer but aren’t sure how to actually incorporate them into meals and snacks, you’ll find this post helpful! This is a compilation of 33 recipe ideas for incorporating frozen produce.
So I have a confession. In the past, I’ve rarely taken advantage of my freezer. This is one of those “do as I say, not as I do” type moments because I realize the value in keeping healthy frozen staples on hand, but just never really did it myself. You could find a bag of peeled bananas, a big bag of blueberries (smoothies and oatmeal), a bag of vacuum-sealed fish filets, and a pint or two of ice cream (always). Besides that it was always pretty bare.
In the past month since all of these changes have taken effect because of the COVID-19 situation, I’ve had to seriously shift my grocery shopping and cooking habits. It’s not that I don’t like frozen ingredients, I just never felt the need to use them before because I cook and grocery shop so much. Until now, of course.
Currently our freezer is fully stocked, which includes items that I’ve never really cooked with before. I’m sure many of you can relate to the feeling of grabbing whatever frozen/canned staples you can find that are still available, then wondering what to actually do with them.
If so, here are 33 recipe ideas organized by ingredient so you can easily find something based on what you have! Click the photos to go straight to the corresponding recipe.
Frozen Mixed Vegetables
- Creamy Vegetable Soup (Dishing Out Health)
- Freezer-Friendly Salsa Verde Veggie Enchiladas (The Healthy Toast)
- Coconut Green Lentil Curry (Nourish Nutrition)
- Peanut Asian Rice Bowl (Live Best)
- Healthy Chicken Pot Pie with Biscuits (Meals with Maggie)
- Vegan Kimchi Fried Rice (V Nutrition and Wellness)
- Roasted Frozen Broccoli – 5 Ways (It’s a Veg World After All)
- Cavatappi Alfredo with Broccoli & Chicken (Hoorah to Health)
- Sautéd Broccoli and Cauliflower (Pinch of Wellness)
- The Easiest Broccoli Chicken Stir Fry (Colleen Christensen Nutrition)
- Instant Pot Cheesy Chicken and Rice (Mom’s Dinner)
- Vegan Cranberry Orange Muffins (Dairy-Free for Baby)
- Raspberry Lemon Chia Jam (Leanne Ray)
- Sweet Potato Oatmeal Bake with Blueberries (Bucket List Tummy)
- Salmon Tacos with Blackberry Corn Relish (Platings and Pairings)
- Strawberry Banana Peanut Butter Smoothie (Leanne Ray)
- Easy Homemade Fruit Roll-Ups (A Mind Full Mom)
- Strawberry Ricotta Cake (Platings and Pairings)
- Breakfast Polenta with Berry Compote (V Nutrition and Wellness)
Frozen Peas & Edamame
- Thai Quinoa Salad Jars with Peanut Miso Dressing (Leanne Ray)
- Warm Red Garbanzos (Veg Girl RD)
- High-Protein Vanilla Smoothie (Amy Gorin Nutrition)
- Tempeh Sherpherd’s Pie (Grateful Grazer)
- Healthy Pasta Carbonara (Nourish Nutrition)
- Easy and Quick Banana Protein Shake (Colleen Christensen Nutrition)
- Best Ever Healthy Banana Bread (Ambitious Kitchen)
- Lemon Blueberry Nice Cream (Meal Plan Addict)
- Peanut Butter Acai Bowl (Leanne Ray)
- Enchilada Casserole (Liz’s Healthy Table)
- Spinach Frittata (A Mind Full Mom)
- Greek Turkey Burgers (Budget Bytes)
- Spanakopita Pasta (Bowl of Delicious)
- Instant Pot Lentil Soup (Urban Bliss Life)
Want More Plant-Forward Recipes?
Join my VIP list and I'll send you five reader favorites! Healthy, flavor-packed recipes. What's not to love about that?
This is great,thanks for the nice recipe ideas.
You got it Joseph! Thanks for reading and glad you found some recipe ideas here.