This sparkling grapefruit mocktail is the most refreshing way to enjoy a non-alcoholic beverage. It has paloma vibes with a hint of lime and something special from the rosemary simple syrup. I just love sipping on this one!
Welcome to the first week back from the holidays! It feels weird but also like such a relief to get back into somewhat of an actual routine. I’m excited to get back to work and set some intentions and goals for the new year.
One thing we always do in this house after the holidays is a dry January (aka a month of no alcohol) because it just feels like a nice refresh after having drinks so many days in a row with family and friends in December. Plus if you know me, you know that I love making mocktails at home so it’s right up my alley.
This is why I created the Mocktail Collection! Throughout this month I’ll be sharing deliciously refreshing alcohol-free drink recipes that feel fancy but aren’t *too* high maintenance. I hope this will inspire others who are doing the no-alcohol thing for whatever reason. It’s fun to drink something besides water or tea, ya know?
In the meantime checkout my Mojito Mocktail but I’ll have more coming your way soon. Be sure to sign up for my email list to stay in the know when new recipes get published.
Here’s the first cocktail in the lineup…
Ingredients for Sparkling Grapefruit Mocktail
The first one couldn’t be easier to make if you keep a few staples on hand:
- Grapefruit juice (I love Simply Grapefruit)
- Rosemary simple syrup (see recipe notes for directions)
- Grapefruit Spindrift (or kombucha or seltzer, see recipe notes)
- garnishes: rosemary, limes, grapefruit
This one doesn’t even require a shaker. The “fanciest” thing I did here was crush the ice by putting normal size cubes in a large zip top bag and knocking it on a hard floor a few times. That is totally not required!
Add everything to your glass except the Spindrift, stir well, then top with the bubbles at the very end. Garnishes not required, but it will put a smile on your face.
We got a gorgeous bar set for Christmas (the one from my gift guide) and I can’t wait to put it to good use for you with all of these drinks. Let me know if you make this one by leaving a ⭐️ star rating ⭐️ and comment below!
This drink is part of my Mocktail Collection. I’ll be sharing a new alcohol-free drink every week in January. Sign up for my email list to get notified of new recipes.
More Mocktail Recipes:Print
Sparkling Grapefruit Mocktail
This sparkling grapefruit mocktail is the most refreshing way to enjoy a non-alcoholic beverage. It has paloma vibes with a hint of lime and something special from rosemary simple syrup.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 drink
- Category: Drinks, Cocktails
- Method: No-Cook
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
1/2 ounce rosemary simple syrup (see notes for recipe)
1 lime, juiced
2 oz grapefruit juice
2-3 oz grapefruit Spindrift
garnishes: rosemary, lime and/or grapefruit wedge
- Fill a tall glass about 2/3 of the way full with crushed ice.
- Add simple syrup, lime juice and grapefruit juice and stir well.
- Top with the Spindrift or sparkling water. Garnish with a rosemary sprig, lime and/or grapefruit slices.
- The equipment section above includes affiliate links to things I use often in my kitchen and recommend.
- Rosemary simple syrup recipe: heat 1/2 cup each granulated sugar and water in a small saucepan over medium heat stirring constantly until sugar is completely dissolved. Add 2-3 rosemary sprigs, remove from heat and let stand until completely cooled. Remove rosemary and transfer to an airtight container (like a mason jar). Store in the refrigerator for up to one month.
- If you can’t find the grapefruit Spindrift, you can also try a grapefruit flavored kombucha or soda. Both of these options will be slightly sweeter. For a less sweet option, use a grapefruit seltzer water.
- You’ll have enough rosemary simple syrup leftover to make this several times. You can also use it for iced coffees or other fun fancy drinks throughout the month!
- Serving Size: 6 ounces
- Calories: 79 calories
- Fat: 0 grams
- Carbohydrates: 20 grams
- Fiber: 0 grams
- Protein: 0 grams
Keywords: mockails, alcohol-free drinks, dry January
Want More Plant-Forward Recipes?
Join my VIP list and I'll send you five reader favorites! Healthy, flavor-packed recipes. What's not to love about that?