Summer vegetable burrata pizza is a simple weeknight meal thanks to store-bought naan and jarred pesto! Serve it with a big side salad to make it a meal, or as an appetizer on its own.
I recently discovered the beauty that is burrata on pizza and I.am.hooked. Burrata on it’s own is just fantastic but add it to pizza? You guys, I’m sold. I’ll be eating this meal all summer long.
Like most of my weeknight recipes, this one couldn’t be easier thanks to store-bought naan (or any flatbread) and jarred pesto. If you have 15 minutes, you can make this. Here’s what you need to make this easy summer vegetable and burrata pizza:
- Burrata cheese (comes in a little plastic tub)
- Pesto (jarred, or if you’re feeling ambitious you can make this spinach almond pesto!)
- Grape tomatoes
- Red onion
- Fire-roasted corn (thawed from frozen in a skillet, or cut off the cob)
- Red pepper flakes
I love using pesto as the sauce for a pizza because the oil helps make it extra crispy. Let’s be honest, crispy or bust when it comes to pizzas am I right?
This is more of an “assemble how you like” type of meal, and less of super structured recipe. I’ll give amounts, but build to your heart’s content please!
To add the burrata cheese, tear into small pieces and scatter it all over the top. The creamy middle will kind of ooze all over the place which is exactly what we want here.
More on Burrata Cheese
If you’ve never cooked with burrata you might be asking, “what exactly is this cheese you speak of?”. It’s relatively new to a lot of people (me included), but luckily you can find it at most grocery stores now and it’s heavenly!
What is burrata cheese?
Burrata is basically an Italian mozzarella cheese “ball” filled with shreds of mozzarella and cream.
Where can I find burrata
Find it near the gourmet refrigerated meats and cheeses (like goat and feta). It’s in a little plastic tub full of liquid. Usually you can get it in minis (2 ounces each), or 1-2 larger mounds. I prefer the minis because I use them in multiple ways throughout the week instead of only getting to enjoy once!
What’s a good substitute for burrata?
If you can’t find it, go for a fresh mozzarella here instead. And of course any of your favorite pizza cheese will absolutely work (shredded mozzarella, asiago, fontina, goat).
Once it comes out of the oven (we’re talking ten minutes to pizza bliss), shower this baby with red pepper flakes, hot honey, balsamic glaze… anything and everything you want! Best enjoyed with a glass of white wine on a sun-drenched patio.
More Pizza Recipes:Print
Summer Vegetable & Burrata Pizza
Summer vegetable burrata pizza is a simple weeknight meal thanks to store-bought naan and jarred pesto. Serve it with a side salad to make it a meal, or as an appetizer on its own.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Quick and Easy
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegetarian
- 1 naan bread (or other store-bought flatbread)
- 2 Tbsp prepared pesto
- 1/3 cup grape tomatoes
- red onion (a few thin slices)
- 1/4 cup frozen fire-roasted corn, thawed in a skillet
- 1–2 kale leaves, torn (stems removed)
- 1 2-ounce ball of burrata cheese
- optional: red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spread pesto on naan, then add tomatoes, onion, corn and kale. Tear burrata cheese into small pieces and scatter around the top of the pizza.
- Bake on a parchment-lined baking sheet for 8-10 minutes, or until crust is crispy and cheese is melted. Wait a few minutes to cut into wedges. Finish with red pepper flakes. Serve immediately.
- The equipment section above includes affiliate links to things I use often in my kitchen and recommend.
- If you can’t find burrata cheese, substitute fresh mozzarella.
- You can also throw this on the grill if you want to keep the house cool!
- Serving Size: 1/2 pizza
- Calories: 339 calories
- Fat: 21 grams
- Carbohydrates: 28 grams
- Fiber: 2 grams
- Protein: 11 grams
Keywords: naan pizza, summer pizza, flatbread, summer vegetables, burrata cheese
Want More Plant-Forward Recipes?
Join my VIP list and I'll send you five reader favorites! Healthy, flavor-packed recipes. What's not to love about that?